Sunday, December 16, 2007

Seattle


What a great weekend! Signing at the Seattle Mystery Bookshop was an absolute thrill! The staff there are the best.
I was greeted by this poster of my book right at the front door. It's a little blurry 'cause I was trying to hold still in a gale like wind at the same time.

I got to hear all about their resident bowler hat ghost, however, he never made an appearance while I was there. Darn!

While I was there I couldn't resist shopping for my own stack of books. I picked up six books, two new-to-me authors recommended by the wise and knowledgeable Fran.

I visited Pioneer Square around the corner and they had an ice sculpture contest. This is just one of the fab displays. The ice was melting as I looked at it and that was a surprise because it was COLD brrrr.

Thanks to all who came to visit and buy books! That was the last of my signings until next month. Now I have to put pedal to the metal and get ready for the holidays. Are you ready?

7 comments:

The (Mis)Adventures of a Single City Chick said...

It was so great chatting with you during your signing, Wendy! I very much appreciate all the advice! Can you believe I spent four hours at the office after that? Oh, well, stopping in to see you made it worth it. :-) Looking forward to reading The Remains Of The Dead over my Christmas vacation!

Christina

Wendy Roberts said...

Christina! It was wonderful of you to come to the signing although I'm so sorry you ended up working afterward. We'll have to make it a tradition and next year when I come for signing book 2, maybe I can crash your Christmas party!!

Spy Scribbler said...

Wow, looks like a great bookstore! I've heard people talk about it, but I've never seen it!

I still have ten or fifteen more batches of cookies to make.

Wendy said...

I wish I could have gone! ..but you know, I'm all on the other side of the states, lol!

B.E. Sanderson said...

Everything is done but making the Christmas dinner. I'm not baking anything else, and I wrapped the last of the presents this morning. Now I'm just going to kick back and enjoy the holidays.

=oD

Happy Holidays everyone!

Holly Kennedy said...

Sadly, I'm not even close to ready for the holidays.

Your reading sounds like it went well. Congrats! I love the huge poster. Didya pull it down and roll it up to take home??!! I would've.

Wendy Roberts said...

Spy, what kind of cookies are you baking? I made sugar cookies today *yum*

Wendy, that's no excuse LOL!

b.e., I envy your ability to kick back. I wanna kick back but I've gotta kick myself in the ass to get things done first he he.

Holly, I didn't get to take the poster home but they asked me to sign it as a gift to the store. Also, they had this marvelous journal I got to sign and authors have been signing pages in it with witty comments for decades!