Monday, October 13, 2008

Bouchercon

I got back from the Bouchercon conference yesterday afternoon. Overall, the conference experience was great but the travel side of things wasn't. However, this being Canadian Thanksgiving I'm going to focus on the great side of things and do any bitching and complaining later LOL!

I was on a fabulous panel called, "THANK THE LORD FOR THE NIGHT TIME -Why is the supernatural so damn fun?". In the picture above I'm standing looking star struck because I am, in fact, with stars. I felt truly honored to be on such a star studded panel. Left to right in the photo is:
Heather Graham
Myself
Elena Santangelo, and
Alex Sokoloff

Missing from the picture was our fabulous moderator Cathy Pickens

The panel winners were truly the fans in the audience who asked intelligent and fun questions that kept the panel lively and informative.

I returned home to a crowded house and Thanksgiving dinner almost fully prepared thanks to my fabulous inlaws. I hardly had to even wash a dish.

Usually when I go away to a conference I can immerse myself in the writing world and enjoy the moment, however, the last four days I missed my children terribly and was glad to be back home.

3 comments:

Marianne said...

Glad you got home for Thanksgiving. :-D

It was a great Bouchercon, and as my first mystery convention, it rocked. I came home yesterday, inspired to say the least.

It was great to finally meet you at the Berkley party on Saturday night. Patty Smiley was wonderful for introducing me to so many wonderful people.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Cheers,
Marianne

Wendy Roberts said...

Marianne, I was thrilled to meet you! Next time we conference together we'll have to do lunch/drinks or coffee! And, yes, Patty is a blessing and I'm glad to know her.

Anonymous said...

Welcome home!!! And Happy Thanksgiving!!! Ours is still a month away (more or less).