Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Just Stuff

Thanks to Stephanie Hale for posting a link to this review in the comments!

As I writer, of course, I love getting a good review. Mostly because there are so many days when the words I type feel awful. I look at what's on my screen and think at the best ... meh.

I also love getting emails from readers. Some days when I'm word wrestling at my computer an email pops into my inbox and it's someone writing to say they enjoyed my book. I've gotta say it does more for getting me to write than the triple shot latte sitting next to the keyboard :)

Remember posting a comment this week will enter you to win Ghost Duster goodies. What kind of goodies? Pens, bookmarks, postcards, t-shirts, hats ... hey, I've got stuff like you wouldn't believe LOL!

So do you usually write an author a note if you enjoyed their book? If not, why not?

9 comments:

Dru said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I've been using the heating pad and last night I took a Motrin and the pain is more tolerable.

What a great review for Devil May Ride and I can't wait to get my hands on my own copy.

Dru said...

If I enjoyed the book I definitely write the author a note.

Wendy Roberts said...

Dru, I'm using a heating pad myself these days. I think I need a larger one though...maybe a full body style? Hope you're feeling better

Anonymous said...

I always try to let an author know when I love their book. Sometimes I get sidetracked and it takes me awhile after I've read it to let them know, though. :)

Ellory said...

I was so happy to see that soon we'll have another book. :) I loved the first.

B.E. Sanderson said...

I usually don't think about it. I have written short notes to Allison Brennan, Lynn Viehl, etc. about how much I loved their books, but I know them through their blogs. (And I usually leave a blog comment instead of a email.)

*shrug* I probably should write more letters. It's a nicer way to say 'thank you for writing this awesome book'.

Jane said...

I usually try to write an author to tell them how much I've enjoyed their book. It's nice when the author replies and thanks you for your support.

wend said...

I once wrote to Dirk Bogarde (the late British Actor) because I enjoyed reading his books and he sent a lovely reply which I treasure (I framed it!!)
The other WR

wend said...

Thinking back, I wrote to you before I read your books! That's what happens when you go on a mad google spree late at night to find others with the same name as you!