Friday, December 18, 2009

What are you Wishing for?


My kids have wish lists a mile long. They know they're not getting most of the things but it doesn't stop them from wishing.

I've found that as I get older, my wish list gets shorter. I'm not talking about the peace-for-mankind kind of wishes or the everyone-has-good-health kind. I'm talking about what's wrapped and under the tree.

I found myself asking for socks and slippers this year. My God, I've turned into my grandmother! Okay, so I mixed it up a bit with asking for some books from my favorite authors too.

How about you? What are you wishing for under the tree this year?

7 comments:

Darla said...

Hey Wendy, I just finished Dead & Kicking and wanted to let you know I though it kicked ass!

I'll be watching for hopefully the next in the series.

Anymore, I get more joy from watching my grandkids open their gifts then I get from getting something!

Dru said...

Not much will be under my trees only what I bought for myself.

Happy Holidays.

Tori Lennox said...

Mostly books and DVDs. :)

Jane said...

I would love to have an ereader, but I would also love a cashmere sweater.

Your number one sis; said...

Like you Sis I find myself asking for simple items: new Pj's or a gift certificate for a Pedi or the most extravagant a ticket to BC.

B.E. Sanderson said...

Ummm... :blush: I already bought gifts for myself, wrapped them and put them under the tree. You know, just in case... Husband has a list of other things - things I haven't buy for myself - so we'll see what I get. He doesn't think kitchen stuff counts as Christmas gifts, but I really hope he gets me that griddle. I'm dying for homemade pancakes.

wend said...

We're not big on Christmas is our house - no tree, no presents, no cards... but we will have a nice dinner (just the 2 of us) and catch up with family and friends. Although I did recently treat myself to a new MP3 player for when I'm out running if that counts as a present (although its just coincidence that my old one was on its last legs) - nothing flashy, just 30 quid (don't know what that is in dollars!)
other WR