Sunday, July 01, 2007
Happy Canada Day!
Did you know .....
* Canada is the second largest country in the world, with 9,971,000 square kilometers of land.
* With only three people per square kilometer, Canada has the fourth lowest population density in the world.
* According to the United Nations Human Development Index, Canada has the highest quality of life in the world.
* Canada has the world’s highest post-secondary education enrollment
* Canada is the home of many great inventions, including:
basketball, the electric light bulb, the electric range, the electron microscope, the television, the telephone and the zipper.
The most important creation was my daughter. Fourteen years ago today she came into the world so I'm spending my Canada Day with a gang of teen girls at the water slide park.
If you're Canadian, how are you spending your long weekend? If you're one of my many friends south of the border, have you already begun celebrating the Fourth of July?
Posted by Wendy Roberts at 10:47 AM