Monday, January 28, 2013

Scratching an itch

When my dog, Bella, has an itch that needs scratching she let's me know and it usually involves her nudging my hand into the exact position requiring itch relief. My own itches usually involve projects that I know I shouldn't start. 

Like my current kitchen renovation.



The problem is I get a project in my head and I have a vision of the end result that keeps poking at me until I relent. The itch only involves a visual of the end and not the pain it'll take to get to that point.

This is great when it comes to writing stories. If a book idea is jabbing at me, I'll let it simmer in my brain for a while. If the idea won't stop pestering me, I'll start research and then writing. 

Another itch I often get involves travel. Truthfully, I can hardly finish one vacation before planning the next. It's an expensive sickness.

What itch do you like to scratch?

No comments: