Monday, June 18, 2007

A Clean House = A Disorderly Mind

My house is clean. Even the ironing is done. You're probably thinking, well good for you. Nope. Not good for me.

Sure, it was nice to have the place tidy to entertain a half dozen relatives for Father's Day but it wasn't my usual Quick! Company's coming so dash around and pick things up kind of clean. I'd actually even cleaned out the closets the week before. I know. The truth is hideous.

When my house is clean and doing the dishes is more appealing than parking my butt at my desk it's sad. It means I'm avoiding writing a difficult scene or the hamsters in the basement just aren't sending up the stuff I want.

However, this morning I woke up with no urge whatsoever to sweep the floor or wash dishes. In fact, as soon as the lil ol' rug rats are off to their institution of learning, I'm snagging my Dana and the two of us are going off to Starbucks to write a very nasty lil ol' scene. Someone will die. It won't be pretty. And I'm just about gushing with enthusiasm LOL.

I'm quite looking forward to leaving the breakfast dishes in the sink until later in the day.

How about you? What are your plans for the day?

4 comments:

Anissa said...

I loved this! Unfortunately, I hate to clean. Hate, hate, hate it. Even if the words aren't flowing, there's always Blockbuster online. I have a couple seasons of Buffy still to watch. :)

Today though, cleaning is on the agenda. Barf. That about covers it.

Enjoy your scene. :)

Wendy Roberts said...

Thanks, Anissa, I did enjoy my scene. I'm home now and ready to fiddle with it a bit more.

Yes, I hate cleaning too. Despises it. Especially dishes *ugh* and laundry *double ugh* but when I'm desperate to avoid a scene I'll do housework lol.

B.E. Sanderson said...

My house was spotless a couple of weeks ago, when the realtor brought someone by to look at it. Since then, it's a mess. Must be because the writing work is going well... Maybe.

I spent the day painting primer over ucky-blue paint, and I'm just now taking a break from writing for a bit to let my brain percolate. I should clean... But I probably won't. I couldn't even muster the energy to cook. Thank goodness for Pizza Hut.

Wendy Roberts said...

ah yes, cooking is another one of those chores that gets pushed aside when the writing is good. One week I'm baking and the next it's pizza night three nights in a row lol.