Thursday, November 15, 2007

Review!

I've been a fan of Allison Brennan's books since The Prey. When she gave me a fab blurb for Remains I just about fainted with gratitude. Now she's posted the full review here on WritersareReader.com.

My favourite part of the review:
"And Wendy Roberts makes us not only care about Sadie and the dead people she helps, but takes what could have been a gruesome story and made it fun and light. The breezy voice and self-deprecating humor keep the story moving, the mystery is compelling, and the ending provides a twist that I didn't see coming. This is a fast, comfortable, solid read from a gifted storyteller."

Honest, I did not pay her.

I just can't say how wonderful it is to have a big hitter like Allison take the time to give me a review. Makes me all verklempt.

By the way, Allison's got a new book out next month - What You Can't See

5 comments:

B.E. Sanderson said...

I'd be verklempt, too, if I were you. I have the sudden urge to jump around with you like a couple of schoolgirls, squealing as if we just touched Sean Cassidy.

Squee!

All girly-ness aside, Allison's awesome. Congratulations! =o)

B.E. Sanderson said...

Shawn Cassidy. Or maybe now that I'm older my brain meant Sean Connery.

Wendy Roberts said...

Thanks for jumping around and squealing with me, B.E.! Either Sean is good for me lol!

Anissa said...

That's fantastic news, Wendy!!! Congratulations!

Wow, December 4 is almost here. Yay! The time has flown by. Very exciting for you. Now I'm off to mark my calendar. :)

Jana DeLeon said...

Great review - congrats!!!!!