I've noticed a trend in body care. Most of my soaps and lotions are becoming food products.
Just today I:
- showered using body wash with Powdered Sugar
- shampooed with apricot shampoo
- used cucumber lotion on my hands
- applied mint lotion on my feet
- used green apple spray in my hair
- brushed my teeth with lemon toothpaste (that tastes like Lemon Pledge *yuk*)
I don't know whether to go about my day or put a price tag on my head and go and stand in the produce section of my market.
You may have guess that I'm not a scent person. I enjoy fragrances on occasion but mostly I find them overwhelming. Since giving birth I've become somewhat of a bloodhound. Smells seem to be magnified. My kids are long out of diapers but if I'm out in public I can still smell out a kid needing changing at over a hundred yards.
It seems that the body care industry has cut back on the flowery scents and replaced them with these food product smells. I don't think it's better. Yesterday I eyed the cucumbers in my sandwich with suspicion. I didn't know whether to eat them or rub them on my elbows.
Are you into food smells in your body care stuff?