Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I feel sorry for Afghans

I'm not talking about the kind of afghan that you knit or crochet.
Although this one is a little bright for my tastes.



And I'm not talking about the Afghan people.




I feel sorry for the Afghan Hound. You see the Afghan Hound is considered to have the lowest degree of working intelligence of any other breed. I was talking to a lady the other day who owns an Afghan and she found this information really upsetting. As if somehow the rating scale found here was a measure of her own IQ for owning a less than smart dog.

Personally, I wouldn't want a dog that was smarter than me. I feel uncomfortable around Border Collies. They watch you with those intelligent eyes and you just know that given the opportunity they'd take over.

I don't own a dog because having four kids means I've done enough poop detail in my life thank you very much. But I do love dogs. Very much. One day I plan on owning a mutt. A dumb mutt who loves me for me and is too dumb to know that another owner might walk him more or feed him better quality kibble.

This part is a contest reminder: I've been blessed with a number of great reviews so to celebrate I'm having a contest. To be entered to win, simply mention The Remains of the Dead on your blog or site and link the title back here to me (or to the Amazon page selling Remains) then come back here and tell me in the comments that you've done it. I'll be making the draw Jan. 31st and the winner will walk away with a couple signed copies of Remains plus a mystery gift :)

4 comments:

Spy Scribbler said...

What a cool site! I've always wanted a dog, but I ended up with four cats. DH is gone for a few more weeks, so I was thinking of sneaking in a dog while he's gone, LOL.

I've added your book to my little featured books bar. I've meant to for awhile, but I kept forgetting!

Anonymous said...

I thought maybe the Farrah Fawcett hair had something to do with it. *g*

Seriously, I've always thought Afghan Hounds were very cool dogs. And who cares how smart they are? They're probably still smarter than some people I know!

Chandra Rooney said...

I live with two Dals. The older female is too smart for her own good. Thank goodness all her machinations are food-orientated or we'd have a real problem.

Wendy Roberts said...

Spy, your dh might not notice the dog right away but I bet your cats would! Thanks for adding my book!!

Tori, I totally agree (about the hair and the people *snort*)

Chandra, aren't they fairly high energy dogs? Two of them must really keep you running!