Monday, June 16, 2008

Junuary

The calendar says it's June 16th but the weather around here does not agree. Sure it's sunny outside but the temperature this morning was only 12 degrees! For my U.S. friends that's about 53 *brrrrr* So the kids have started calling it Junary and that feels about right. I haven't even managed to plant many flowers this year and my vegetable garden is really more of a postage stamp. It's just too darn cold to feel like gardening.

That being said, I'm probably writing more than I usually do in June. Without the usual distraction of planting and weeding I'm cozied up more next to my toasty computer screen :)

How's the weather where you are?

4 comments:

conley730 said...

*wipes sweat off brow*
I'm so jealous. I live in Arkansas, and it's been about 10 degrees above normal this month. We're up in the 90s creeping toward 100. Yuck!

Anonymous said...

I'm in Arkansas, too! And this heat and humidity is killing me!

Wendy Roberts said...

Okay, Conley & Tori PLEASE send a little heat up north!! he he

Anonymous said...

LOL, that's cute, Junuary. I've been complaining about the weather on my blog, too, as I'm about in your region, Wendy. Did you see the CBC story about the poor pot growers complaining about the wet weather? I put a link to it on my blog today. LOL. Yeah, I feel real sorry for them.