Got in yesterday and the jet lag isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Good thing because my final page proofs for Devil May Ride were waiting for me :)
I've made good progress already on the edits even though my brain is still in Europe.
By the way our itinerary was: Paris, London, Gibraltar, Cannes, Pisa, Rome, Cagliari, Seville, Lisbon, Vigo and then back to London.
Things that feel good after being away for 25 days:
- first and foremost reliable internet! I would've blogged regularly if only I didn't fall asleep just waiting for a connection.
- my own huge bed in my own big bedroom
- opening a fridge and not having to pay an arm and a leg for a can of pop
- clean air (after London I feel like I need to squeeze the smog from my bronchial passages)
- saying, "I'm hungry." and not having to follow that up with a detail examination of a map
Things that I already miss:
- accents and the melodic sounds of Spanish, Italian and French
- not having to wash the dishes/cook/clean
- waking up and wondering briefly what city or country I'm in
- all the quirky, wonderful people (and animals) we met along the way, like the one-footed pigeon who entertained us in a Paris train station (we called her Peggy) and the tour guide in Rome who was a tiny older woman with a voice bigger than the colliseum
- the plumbing novelties (we counted 15 different flushing techniques!)
What was I saying earlier about jet lag?....Zzzzzzz