Tuesday, August 12, 2008

ghostly travels

It's been a while since I posted a ghostly picture so I thought I'd put up a few. Of course, the fact that Europe is filled with old buildings as well as history filled with bloody battles and brutal monarchs lends itself to many ghostly tales.

Like the Tower of London ghost.








Or the dancing ghost of France.




And of course Rome has a few of its own.



However, my favorite ghost-like photo was this one featuring a hand reaching out to grab me through the Colliseum.

The shot was actually taken by my son through a bus window. Because of the flash, his hand reflected in the window. Not a real ghostly pic but I still found it pretty cool!

Off to write about more ghostly stuff. What are you haunting today?

2 comments:

The (Mis)Adventures of a Single City Chick said...

LOL! I love the hand in Rome! Too funny! Unfortunately, all I'm haunting today is my desk at work. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

Today I am trying desperately to get through the book "Crying of Lot 49" writen by Thomas Pynchon in 1965. The book is one that my son will be reading in his first year university english class so I thought it might be interesting to read myself. So far it has taken be all afternoon to read 16 pages but I refuse not to finish the 152 page book which is very boring. Maybe the author should have placed a ghost or two in the story line. Love the Rome picture.