Monday, January 12, 2009
Bella the Brilliant
Bella has been living with me a month now. Hard to believe it hasn't been a lifetime. She's fit into our family very well and is slowly training all of us to do her bidding.
Things my dog has taught me just this morning alone:
1) If you stand by a bowl long enough someone will feed you.
2) There's something delightful about a nice sock.
3) Never underestimate the rejuvinating powers of a good nap.
4) If you give someone a very sad look you'll get a hug.
5) If at first you don't succeed at breaking down barriers, try, try again.
The last one was Bella's frequent attempts to knock down the baby gate. After repeated attempts she succeeded in knocking the gate askew and gaining access to the secret domain (aka rest of the house outside of kitchen and family room).
As I wrestle with a particularly stubborn scene while revising book 3, I'm determined to use Bella's brilliant # 5 tip and if that doesn't work, I'm going straight to # 3. How about you? Broken down any barriers lately? Or perhaps you've just discovered a favorite pair of socks :)
Posted by Wendy Roberts at 9:28 PM