Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Have You Seen A Ghost?

It's been a while since I did a ghostie post but one came up yesterday.
I was talking to a friend who lives in New Westminster, an area not far from where I live now. New Westminster is an old area with many not-so-safe neighborhoods but more areas of great history and charm. When I first moved to the West Coast, I moved into an apartment in this area.
At that time of my life (my late twenties)I used to jog. Seriously. I'd jog 2 - 3 miles every single evening. I'll wait a minute while you pick yourself up off the floor from laughing.

Anyway, I used to jog down a number of streets, particularly 12th Street which is quite long and near my apartment. I was talking about these glory days with a friend and she brought up a ghost in the area that I'd never heard of; the 12th Street Ghost. Scroll down the page here to read a small blurb about it. Anyway, the minute she mentioned a thirteen year old girl ghost who supposedly walks the neighborhood I had this clear vision in my head. A young girl wearing jeans, a hoodie, and a backpack who I often jogged passed on my runs. The reason I remembered her was that I jogged quite late in the evening and I always thought she was really young to be out at dark with her school backpack on. Anyway, when my friend told me about the ghost I went home and looked it up and sure enough, the little ghostie is known to wear jeans, red hoodie and a backpack. Weird.

So that's my near-ghost experience. How about you? Had any suspicious activities in your life?

Or do you want to talk about the fact that school is OUT today? Now THAT'S a scary subject!!

10 comments:

conley730 said...

Even though it was a long time ago, I still would have freaked out knowing I'd seen a ghost!

Tori Lennox said...

As far as I know, I've never seen one. But if it was a full bodied apparition (yes, I watch a lot of Ghost Hunters on Sci Fi, why do you ask? *g*) how would I know unless somebody told me it was a ghost?

Wendy Roberts said...

Conley, having 4 kids prevents me from freaking out about anything unless it involves a great deal of blood lol!

Tori, you're right! How can we know how often we actually HAVE seen ghosts? he he

Dru said...

That is so kewl. I know one time my grandmother came to visit after having been dead a couple of years. She told me to be happy.

Wendy Roberts said...

Dru, that's so sweet you were visited by your grandmother!

Your number one sis; said...

I don't think that I have had a close encounter with a ghost although my youngest son likes to hide and jump out at me or make creepy noises in the basement to scare me.

wend said...

Our local pub, The Bear at Hodnet, has a resident ghost (and it also has a bear pit which still had a bear in it as recently as the 70's!). My house is not all that old (1930's) but we have various strange things happen. I once saw someone walk through a doorway by my kitchen - only trouble is, the doorway has been bricked up for years! Doesn't really bother me. The house I grew up in was very old and even stranger things happened there!
other WR

Julsie said...

Hi Wendy,

Just this minute finished your second book and it was great! Can't wait for the one coming out in Dec.
I don't actually see ghosts but I feel them and sometimes they put a picture or message for loved ones in my head, kinda hard to describe. If the message is welcomed by the person it is meant for, I will share it. Not everyone wants to hear it, as you know, but when they do it can be powerful. I also do shamanic healing work and sometimes get to work with the dying to help them transition. I might help them release trauma or regrets they've hung on to--then they can pass more easily.
Have lived in two old houses with resident ghosts, one of the homes had 2 old burial grounds from the 1800's and early 1900's right on the property. Comes with living in old houses in New England, I guess.

B.E. Sanderson said...

No ghosts here, and when you homeschool, school's never out. Even more so this year, though. Because she wants to make sure she has all the classes she needs for college, this summer we're doing a 9 wk Psych course. 4 hours a day of intense psychology. Thank goodness I took this in college.

Unknown said...

Does it count if its an animal?? I saw a White cat jump out of my closet, Run by me (I was sitting on the floor playing video games and eating tuna fish sammich with top ramen noodles)I looked at it, it looked at me (Or my Tuna fish sammich!) Jumped out my window... which was closed because its WINTER!!! saw it again a couple weeks later, and named it Twinky. :) no this is not fake