Sunday, April 22, 2007

T-Rex is a Chicken?



I'm a big fan of all things scary and mysterious but I'm a big chicken at heart. Apparently, I'm not the only one.

A friend sent me an email link to an article that said scientists took protein from a t-rex bone that was millions of years old.

They now have genetic proof that the great, powerful T-Rex is cousin to the chicken.



As an author, I'd have a hard time making up this kind of thing, yet here it is in the news.

I really hope somewhere down the line they don't find humans are related to slugs or worms or something. Personally, I'd rather be cousins to, say, lions or any other animal I can't picture on my plate. How about you? What animal would you like to be related too?

2 comments:

Spy Scribbler said...

Lions! I love lions. If not lions, then something sleek and fast like a leopard or cheetah.

Chicken to T-Rex??? Wow.

Wendy Roberts said...

I love lions too :) Leopards are beautiful but the only cheetah I ever saw in a zoo had bad hair issues LOL.