Wednesday, February 13, 2008

How I made the new York times...


Some of you who’ve visited my blog regularly might remember this post where I rambled about body care products and various nice and not-so-nice scents.

Well, that blog lead curious reporter, Natasha Singer, to interview me for this article in today's New York Times. My comments are about two-thirds down the second page.

Fun, isn't it?! Yes, it would’ve been nice to have Remains of the Dead mentioned in the article. Or it would've been great if Natasha used my comments regarding the smell of body decomposition, but I’m well aware that we're talking the STYLE section of the NYT here. Body decomp definitely has a different time and place LOL!

Maybe next time my name is mentioned in The Times it’ll be in the book section but for now I’m not complaining. Reporter, Natasha Singer, was absolutely delightful to talk to and she gave me a nice morning smile on my Valentine’s Day.

Any smiles come your way this Valentine's Day?

7 comments:

Dru said...

Congrations on the mention in the NYT.

conley730 said...

Congrats! Yes, hopefully next time it will be "New York Times best selling author Wendy Roberts"!

Wendy Roberts said...

Thanks Dru & Conley! And Happy V.D.!

Anonymous said...

Wendy,
just happened to be reading the NYT today and saw your name in the article! That was a nice surprise!

tess

Wendy Roberts said...

Thanks so much, Tess! Having you comment on my blog is another wonderful gift today.

The (Mis)Adventures of a Single City Chick said...

Hey, that's fantastic, Wendy! Congratulations!!

Christina

Spy Scribbler said...

That's hilarious! And SO true! I do wear a very light fragrance ... it's baby perfume. No kidding. It's perfume made for babies. It's light and clean, and you can't really smell it unless you stick your nose on the skin.

Even then, it just smells like clean skin. Baby skin. Love that smell. (My ticking clock is SO in overdrive.)