Monday, March 24, 2008

The Easter, um, Pig

We added a new member to the Roberts household this Easter weekend and it wasn't an Easter Bunny (although plenty of the chocolate variety of those are missing ears today). Child #3 has wanted a Guinea Pig for a looong time so, finally, we made the trip to the SPCA and he connected with the rodent pictured above now to be known as Nibbles.

With the kids on spring break and busily adding sleep-overs and mall time to their social calendars, I'm scrambling to guard my writing time. I have a deadline looming for the proposal of book 3 but I'm on top of that and only need to tweak. However, there's another story that is blooming in my head just aching to be told. I talked to my fab agent, Miriam Kriss, about it on Friday and she helped me focus on areas of that story that were feeling weak. Now that story is rolling in like thunder and filling my brain but, of course, I'll finish the prop for book 3 before I give it the attention it is demanding.

So between kids, deadlines and new stories I'm feeling pulled in many directions at once. What's making you feel divided this week?

6 comments:

conley730 said...

What a cute Easter Pig! I hope Nibbles is very happy in his new home.

Jana DeLeon said...

Finishing book 1 of current contract, thinking of what i want to do for book 2 - and writing a training manual for accounting software.

Chandra Rooney said...

Ne, Wendy... what exactly is a proposal? Or it one of those things that differs from house to house?

I am feeling pulled between the writing that's paying and the excitement of the writing that could be potentially paying.

Wendy Roberts said...

Conley, Nibbles looks very happy right now :)

Jana, I don't know how you balance writing training manuals with fiction! Maybe you should kill someone off in your training manual lol!

Chandra, a proposal can vary from house to house but basically it means a few chapters (usually 3) and a synopsis. Good luck with your writing both paying and potentially paying.

Chandra Rooney said...

Thanks Wendy!

Good luck with finding a balance between your projects, too. :)

B.E. Sanderson said...

Nibbles looks very cute and cuddly. I love his coat. It's almost like milk chocolate and white chocolate slowly combining. The perfect Easter treat. =o)

I'm taking a break from writing, so right now I'm divided between working on query materials, crocheting, playing poker and homeschooling.