Monday, March 31, 2008

Foolish Behavior

Get out the squirting calculator, the whoopie cushion and those tiny rubber bugs you've been saving. It's that time of year again. Yup. April Fool's Day. My kids have pulled off some classics: bugs in the ice cubes, hot peppers in your sandwich, money glued to the floor. Of course these are all jokes they've pulled on their father, not me.

Admittedly there are times when I even encourage playing pranks on good ol' dad. Not sure why, but they find it infinitely less funny to pull jokes on mom. Perhaps it's because I'm in charge of the food they just no payback would be not so much fun. However, my coffee maker decided to pour coffee (the last I have in the house) all over the counter and floor instead of the pot. Then my computer decided to do some weird icon hiding game that I still haven't figured out. I get the distinct impression the electronic devices in my life have decided to make a fool of me.

So on this day of fools, are you the fooler or the fooled? Any classic pranks in your past?

No comments: