I'm not going to get all political, but I've been hearing so much about the Spitzer scandal that it's hard not to discuss it.
What Gov. Spitzer did was wrong and there's no debate about that. However, there's an awful lot of discussion on my various loops about his wife. Overall, the consensus seems to be that women wish Silda Spitzer had refused to stand up beside her husband at the podium. He should've been forced to deal with the press on his own and she didn't need the public humiliation.
I'm not going to criticize Silda because I don't know her. However, I'd like to think that when the above photo was taken Silda wasn't exactly thinking "Oh Eliot I'll stand by you no matter what 'cause you da man!"
Instead, here are some of things I'm guessing she was really thinking:
- I hope it was worth it because you're never having sex again.
- You are a pig and an a$$hole!
- You're gonna have to sleep with one eye open for the rest of your life.
- When this is all said and done I'm taking every cent you have and pouring it into therapy for our daughters.
- This morning I used your toothbrush to scrub the toilet.
- I'm having lunch later with Lorena Bobbit and I'm hoping to learn a thing or two. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
Anyone else have ideas about what Silda Spitzer was really thinking?