Thursday, January 25, 2007

Women’s Fiction Book Meme

Thanks to my dear friend and author, Jana DeLeon, for tagging me for this meme! Here goes:


Contemporary, Historical, or Paranormal?
Mostly, I read contemporary but I do love to read an excellent historical or paranormal and let’s not forget MYSTERY. Many, many mysteries!


Hardback or Trade Paperback or Mass Market Paperback?
I’ll buy my absolute favorite authors in hardback but my shelves are filled with a lot of trade or paperbacks.

Heyer or Austen?
Austen. Definitely Austen.

Amazon or Brick and Mortar?
Brick and mortar is my first choice. Especially if I can grab a Starbucks at the same time! However, I buy a lot of books online when I’m doing holiday shopping.

Barnes & Noble or Borders?
I’m a Canuk so my choice is Chapters which is probably a cross between the two. When I’m in Seattle, I usually visit Barnes & Noble.

Woodiwiss or Lindsay?
Not really much of a fan of either.

First romance novel you ever remember reading?
My mother’s old Harlequins that were kept in a very large box. I don’t remember titles or authors but loved being swept away by those stories.

Alphabetize by author, Alphabetize by title or random?
My hardcovers are alphabetized by author but all my paperbacks are random. Non-fiction are shelved in a different area of the house altogether.

Keep, Throw Away or Sell?
Keep! *ack* I would NEVER throw a book away!

Read with dustjacket or remove it?
Usually, I keep it on.

Sookie Stackhouse or Anita Blake?
Sookie.

Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks?
I stop when I’m tired.


“It was a dark and stormy night” or “Once upon a time”?
Definitely, a dark and stormy night. The darker and the stormier, the better LOL.

Crusie or SEP?
Crusie first but SEP comes in a close second.


Buy or Borrow?
Buy.


Buying choice: Book Reviews, Recommendation or Browse?
Recommendations come first but I spend a lot of time browsing. I try not to read the reviews until after I’m done reading because I like to form my own opinion.

Tidy ending or Cliffhanger?
Cliffhangers mostly.

Morning reading, Afternoon reading or Nighttime reading?
Definitely before bed but I’ve also been known to read just about anywhere, including at red lights.

Series or standalone?
Both.

Favorite book of which nobody else has heard?
Autopsy of a Suicidal Mind by Edwin S. Shneidman

Now I’m going to tag my fellow authors at Muse, News and let’s see who picks up on it!

6 comments:

Rachel Vincent said...

I love mysteries. Most of my own stories have a mystery of some sort at their heart, and I consider that to be the single most difficult genre to plot. I officially admire you. ;-)

And I love Jane Austen. And "It was a dark and stormy night." And Starbucks. And Cliffhangers.

Sounds like we have some things in common. And like we're both very cool people. ;-)

Wendy Roberts said...

Of course we're cool LOL! We have the same very cool agent so we're automatically cool by association.

I've been loving your blog, Rachel. I'm so glad you popped in for a visit!

Jana DeLeon said...

oh yeah - I completely forgot about that B&N Starbucks thing. Great point and I loved reading your list!

Wendy Roberts said...

Are you a Starbucks girl, Jana? I've got to admit I'm more than a bit addicted to tall, triple shot low-fat lattes LOL.

Rachel Vincent said...

I've got you on my bloglines list, so I won't miss a post. ;-)

Wendy Roberts said...

Ah thanks, Rachel! I've added you to my list of links :)