Thursday, August 14, 2008

Say it isn't so...

Just read an article on CNN that claims Chef Julia Child "served in an international spy ring managed by the Office of Strategic Services" during WWII.

Julia Child an international spy?! What did she contribute, secret German recipes like wienerschnitzel?

Can't help but wonder whose next. Maybe Mr. Rogers will be revealed as a secret agent for the CIA?

Now what if Julia Child is STILL a spy? They say she died in 2004 of kidney failure but whose to say she isn't right now operating under cover in a covert operation hunting terrorists? Hmmmm.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Or maybe she'd make a really good spy as a ghost. *g*

Anonymous said...

It makes me wonder whether "Child's" recipes were her own or those of the people she was spying on! ?

Wendy Roberts said...

Tori, you made me spew diet coke on my monitor!

Sis, I bet it encouraged her to use secret ingredients ha ha!

B.E. Sanderson said...

Working as a spy during WWII could explain why she was so fond of the sherry. I'd tipple too if I had the memories she must've had from those days.