Monday, December 22, 2008

Books, books everywhere and not a one to read


I'm looking to start a new book.
When I started writing my husband thought it would be great if I could just earn enough to pay for all the books I buy. I'm not quite there. What can I say? It's an addiction.

Not only do I buy a lot of books for myself, but I give a lot of books as gifts. This year I'm giving away copies of:

Devil May Ride (of course)
The Tales of Beedle the Bard (J.K. Rowling)
Twilight (Stephenie Meyer)
Trust Me (Brenda Novak)
When Twilight Burns (Colleen Gleason)
Unlucky (Jana DeLeon)

There are a few others but I've wrapped and mailed them so I don't remember LOL! Are you giving away books as gifts and, if so, which ones?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm giving away a few books, but most of the books I buy are for me. *g*

Wendy Roberts said...

Tori, I'm so happy I'm not the only one he he.

Zita said...

I'm the same way: most of the books I buy are for myself. But I also collect books all year to give at Christmas, so I'm hoping that mitigates my greed (or is it gluttony?) :-)

This year I'm giving:

The Host (Stephenie Meyer)
Arctic Drift (Clive Cussler)
Exit Music (Ian Rankin)
The Tales of Beedle the Bard (J.K. Rowling)
Sweet Revenge (Diane Mott Davidson)
The Italian Secretary (Caleb Carr)
Just After Sunset (Stephen King)
Lucky Strike (Pat Wilson & Kris Wood)
The Sanctuary (Raymound Khoury)
The Charlemagne Pursuit (Steve Berry)
The Hiding Place (Karen Harper)

The copy of Devil May Ride that I bought is for me :-)

Zita

B.E. Sanderson said...

I always give books. I think my daughter would stage a revolt if I didn't. Since she picked out her books, though, I couldn't even tell you what the titles are. My job is just to buy them and wrap them. ;o) I also picked up a non-fiction for my husband, and gave books to my best friend's kids. The kids got A Gift of Dragons by Anne McCaffrey and Doctor Doolittle.