Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Lost & Found

I recently read this article about a woman's wallet found in a cherry tree in New York's Central Park. The woman had her wallet stolen in the park in 1982. Recently workers were chopping down the tree and found the wallet inside the hollow trunk. Twenty bucks was missing but the driver's license and credit cards were still in tact.

<-- The article made me think of this book.
I received the Anne of Green Gables series as a gift about 30 years ago and somewhere along the way this particular book went missing. The others are still on my bookshelf but one day I'd love to find this book. Maybe not in a cherry tree because it would surely be mulch by now but perhaps tucked into a box with mismatched socks in the back of my mother's old basement.

Of all the things I've ever lost (besides my mind) I miss this book the most.

How about you? What have you lost that you wish you'd find?

2 comments:

Tori Lennox said...

I'd like to know where the heck the fairly extensive notes I made on a story idea disappeared to. They went missing when we moved three years ago. And I'm still annoyed about it. *g*

Wendy Roberts said...

Moving is like creating a big black hole to toss things away. Hope you find those notes but no doubt they'll show up when you no longer need them!