Sunday, July 15, 2007

Baaaack!


Is there any place better than NYC to get the blood pumping? Stayed at the conference hotel, The Grand Hyatt. As you can see in the pic above, it was smack dab between Grand Central and the Chrysler Building. Perfect location!

I had a great tour of the Penguin offices courtesy of my wonderful editor, Kristen Weber. She gave me some cover flats of Remains and I hugged them so tight I was worried I'd creased them. Later, Kristen and I hooked up with my agent, Miriam Kriss for lunch. Unfortunately, I have no pictures of that fabulous day because I dropped my camera on the Hyatt's marble floor as I was leaving and it wouldn't work after that :( However, on my return the very nice bell captain fiddled with it and got my camera working again *yay*

On Wednesday I had most of the day free so I roamed the city in the 90 degree heat. I walked to central park and enjoyed the fabulous sites on the way, even if I was sweating like a pig LOL.



Later on, I walked the couple blocks to the library and even got myself a library card! The NYC library is spectacular.





At Thrillerfest, I enjoyed many entertaining and informative workshops. I chatted briefly with Tess Gerritsen and managed not to get too tongue tied :)


Of course, there was much entertainment to be found in the lounges as well. Rhonda Pollero is just about the funniest and friendliest lady on the planet. I picked up her new book, Knock Off, and will blog about it at a later date. Also fun bar pals were Cherry Adair and Amy Fetzer.

5 comments:

Anissa said...

Sounds like a blast! Glad to have you back. :)

Anonymous said...

Fabulous pics, Wendy! Can't wait to hear all about your trip. :) Btw, what are you and Tess holding?

Mary

Wendy Roberts said...

Thanks, Anissa. Wish you could've been there.

Mary, that's actually the back of a chair LOL.

B.E. Sanderson said...

Welcome back! It sounds like you had a blast. I'm so jealous.

=oD

Rhonda Pollero said...

It was a great time and Wendy was a delight to habg with!!!!! She walked more places than I did, I feel like a total blob, but hey - it was hot and who doesn't want to play charades with an NYC cab driver?

Anyone thinking of going to NYC should check out Famous Fat Dave's tours of NYC - one of the best things I've ever done in the city. You hop in his cab and sample foods all over the city - Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx . . . it's great and Dave is soooo funny.

Rhonda
PS - Happy Family Vacation (is that an oxymoron?)