Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The windows to the soul


Oh how I love
the smell of
burnt cornea in the morning!
Ha ha ha!

Yes it's true, you can actually smell the burning during the procedure. It smells a lot like burnt hair *ewww*. There was no pain during the procedure only some minor discomfort but it's all over with quickly.

My post-op appointment was this morning and the surgery went well. I appreciate all the private emails and blog comments wishing me good luck!

To celebrate my new vision I'm dedicating this post to eyes:

If you’re all eyes, you’re giving something your attention but if you’re trying to catch someone’s eye you want to get their attention. Then if you give someone the eye you might be admiring them, unless you’re giving them the evil eye and then you’re ticked off. If you’ll only do it in a pig’s eye you won’t do it at all but if you’ll run your eyes over it you’ll gladly give it a look over and if you shut your eyes to what’s going on you really want to ignore things as opposed to keeping your eye on the ball.

Anyone else for eye comments?

5 comments:

The (Mis)Adventures of a Single City Chick said...

EYE am so glad to hear all went well with your surgery, Wendy! :-) Heal fast!

Jana DeLeon said...

You're going to love this, Wendy! I had mine done in 2001 and have never once regretted it!

Wendy Roberts said...

Thanks Christina! I already feel almost healed:)

Jana,I never knew you had yours done! I wish I'd made the decision sooner.

Spy Scribbler said...

I got behind this week, so I didn't get here in time to wish you luck! I'm scared of this. When you say it's over "quickly," how quickly do you mean? Like, seconds? Or five minutes?

I think I could do seconds, but I'm not sure about minutes, LOL.

How's it feel now?

Wendy Roberts said...

Spy, when I say quickly I guess I meant the procedure took a couple minutes for each eye. The most difficult few seconds is when there is pressure on the eye from a clamp but that didn't really hurt. It was just pressure. As of now, my eyes mostly feel terrific. Every once in a while they feel a little tired and dry like when I've worn my contacts too long. I still have to take a lot of drops every day.