Friday, December 21, 2007

From My House to Yours!

Meet our Hamster, Hammy.

Once I was under deadline and had dragged my Alphasmart to a Cub Scout meeting. I sat in a corner of the room away from the crowd and was busily writing. Somebody's little brother, a boy about four, kept running over to visit me and to get my attention he'd touch a key on my keyboard and run off. After a couple of these interruptions I told him quite sternly that he couldn't do that since I was working.

"What job do you do?" asked the four year old.
"I'm a writer. I write books," I replied.
"I know who you are!" he exclaimed, his eyes growing wide.
"You do?" I smiled thinking perhaps his parents were fans.
"Yes. You're Dr. Seuss!" he announced solemnly.

Kids keep me humble.

So I'm shutting down the ol' blog for a few days to wrap up my wrapping and bake up some baking. I'll leave you with this from the master himself:

And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store? What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more? Dr. Seuss

May the joy of the holidays fill your home and your heart enough to last you the entire year!

4 comments:

The (Mis)Adventures of a Single City Chick said...

Dr. Seuss? LOL! I love it!

A very merry Christmas and happy New Year to you, too, Wendy!!

Christina

Wendy Roberts said...

Have a good one, Christina!

B.E. Sanderson said...

LOL, we just finished watching that on TV. I love Max the dog.

Merry Christmas, Wendy. And everyone else, too. =oD

Anissa said...

Merry Christmas to all the Dr. Seusses out there! Here's to a happy, healthy new year. :)