Thursday, December 20, 2007

Merry Christmas to Me

I bought myself a present. A shiny new computer. I put it on a shiny new corner computer desk. Because I am a techno-dummy I had someone else come and get it all set up. I ooohed and ahhhed as its beautiful screen glowed and all the little icons popped up.

Now, only a few days later, I'm no longer ooohing or ahhhing. The sounds I am making are loud colorful curses. My computer announced it needed to reboot because of an update. After it rebooted it wouldn't let me open emails and wouldn't communicate with my printer. Then the keyboard shelf under the desk fell off in protest. I think the entire thing is cursed. I'm now sitting at my old computer. I stroke the keyboard and its smaller screen and call it nice things, telling it how sorry I am that I ever thought it was slow.

Computer guy will, hopefully, make it over to fix new computer before Christmas. Or maybe not.

How's your week going?

2 comments:

The (Mis)Adventures of a Single City Chick said...

Ugh! Nothing worse than computer problems! It brings back REALLY bad memories of this time last year when my computer at work erased EVERY file (we're talking 14 years worth of valuable files!), because an old IT guy had misconfigured it to our server and it wasn't backing everything up to the server as it should have been. I had to go 3 weeks wondering if the people we sent the computer out to would be able to retrieve anything. Finally, it came back with all the files recovered, but I nearly had a nervous breakdown over that one! As for this week, I'm torn between counting down the next two days before I'm off for a week, and wishing I had more time to get all of my project deadlines met in the short time left. Other than that, I'm doing just peachy! :-)

Christina

Wendy Roberts said...

Christina, I can't imagine losing that much stuff! Thank God you were able to recover the files. I'm worried about my emails. I've got over 2,000 saved and they were supposed to be copied to the new computer. Aack!