Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Online Shopping Anyone?

This year I was determined to go to the mall as little as possible. I hate the crowds. So I've done an awful lot of shopping online. My feelings have been mixed. About half the time the product I want has been delivered on time and I've been happy. But the other half of the time I'm getting messages saying the item is now back-ordered or unavailable or it'll now be shipped well after Christmas. These messages make me want to punch someone (stand back!) lol.

Are the rest of you doing the online shopping thing or are you braving the malls? If you're online shopping, do you have any favorite stores you'd like to share?

7 comments:

Amie Stuart said...

You know ther'es so much you can get from amazon.coma and I have a Prime membership so I can get two day shipping for free....I even get our coffee for work this way! So far no delays. I ordered a game system from Gamestop and did two day shipping and got it just fine. I hit the mall EARLY and Target too...got in; got out. I HATE the crowds and madness.

B.E. Sanderson said...

The main gifts for my daughter were bought online. I'd tell you what I bought, but she uses this computer, too, and sometimes she surfs my blogroll.

Everything shipped together so it's already here and hiding until I can wrap it. =oD

Spy Scribbler said...

I tried to make a photobook at Kodak Gallery. Really cool, but I'm afraid to see how it turns out ... and I'm not sure I'm getting it on time!

Wendy Roberts said...

Amie, almost all the delays in my orders came from Amazon. Maybe they just hate ME.

b.e., your very efficient to have it all done! Oh and you should drop hints about what you got her and drive her nuts when she reads your posts he he.

Spy, I hope your photobook turns out great and you get it on time!

Jana DeLeon said...

I hate shopping this time of year. I mostly buy gift cards so I'm usually just up to the counter and out. I'll get my niece a toy, but that's only one kid to buy for so not a big deal.

B.E. Sanderson said...

LOL You know, a catalog came with the order and we looked through it together. I spent the whole time lamenting the fact that we couldn't afford anything in it. Of course, we do this with every catalog, so she'll never guess. ;o)

Dru said...

I'm an avid online shoppers and I buy mostly from Amazon, B&N, QVC and select stores for specific items.